When listing a home, Sellers may want to maximize the amount they can get for their property. In my experience, I have noted that there are some projects that are almost a sure return+ on the investment:
- Replacing carpet with hard surface flooring
- Replacing worn out appliances with new - Stainless appliances
- Replacing old, worn out and dated faucets
- Replacing old toilets
- Painting 1 Universal Neutral color throughout the property
- Replacing broken, dirty window blinds
However, REMEMBER to keep an eye on Market Competitive Prices for the property so that an OVER-IMPROVEMENT is not done, wasting time, money and effort. This can be discouraging and frustrating. Be sure to have a CURRENT MARKET ANALYSIS performed on the property so that improvements are an ADDED BENEFIT not an unreimbursed expense.